Thank You For Your Support!

Hey all!

So, I had some grand plans to put up a post to speak about the final book in the In Midsummer series being released. I was going to speak about the series and send out my gratitude to all the readers who embraced these characters and this fictional town. It’s been my most successful series to date. But looking back I realized I never did. I didn’t even post about Loving Love releasing. I think this is what happens when I release so close together. I get burnt out! Four books in four months, and overall, eight books in ten-ish months were a huge undertaking for me. And they were all actually finished last year, so this year I’ve been on a bit of a writing hiatus. (I have still been writing, just not on any kind of schedule. Only when I feel like it. More info on that under the Coming Soon tab!) 

So while I missed the boat on posting for Loving Love, I can still send out my gratitude to the readers who gave it a shot. I am so lucky that so many readers/bloggers embraced the In Midsummer series. The feedback I got was overwhelmingly positive and I was truly blown away by how many of you connected to Conner and Rocky. I even have some reader friends who are determined to move into the fictional town! Which is unbelievably humbling. I think I created this series just at the right time. As a writer it was a relief to get to escape into that world as I wrote it and feel safe there. I'm so happy others felt that same escape from 2020 as they read it, too. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

Now, as for this year (and every year!) I have been lucky enough to read some truly awesome books. So I thought I’d just post about some of those incredible reads I got to so far in 2021. I'm always in awe of the talented authors releasing books and that I have access to them at the click of a finger. I am privileged enough to be able to afford to purchase, review, and talk about these amazing books with fellow readers. I hope whatever your situation is that you can still help support your favorite authors, too.

M/M:

The Boss – M.D Gregory Amazon Link (A gritty, sexy, violent mafia romance between two alpha males.)

Dark Flame – Kat Silver Amazon Link (An incredible debut release, an urban fantasy with super addictive writing and intriguing story. I'm dying for the next book!)

Snow Falling – Davidson King Amazon Link (Another gritty and violent mafia romance with a delicious alpha male and a young man you can't help but love. This love story gave me all the feels!)

Covert Affairs: Partnership – Valerie Vaughn Amazon Link (A story which was fun, action-packed, had hilarious banter, excellent writing, and a beautiful romance that I just fell in love with. It was exactly what I had been in the mood for and I know I'll be re-reading this story again and again. Side note: the second book is exactly as amazing and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that there could be more in this series!)

Bossy – N.R Walker Amazon Link (Super hot, fun, sweet, realistic romance that I absolutely loved. If you want something that isn't too angsty but is full of heart then this is the one for you!)

M/F:

Radiance – Grace Draven Amazon Link (I have no idea why it took me so long to get to this. The audio was fantastic and I was hooked. I loved this world Grace created, as well as the slow burn romance. It was everything I hoped and I cannot wait to get to the next book.)

Hunted by the Alien Prince – A.M Griffin Amazon Link (I LOVE A.M Griffin's writing and this series is SO good! You definitely need to read the first book in this series before this one, but you won't regret it. I was biting my nails throughout this and desperate to know what will happen next.)

Heart of Shadows – Lisa Edmonds Amazon Link (This is a series that is AMAZING! Alice is such an incredible character, and her and Sean... *swoons!* This is must read fantasy/paranormal series and if you love strong female leads then you're definitely going to love this. But start at the beginning!)

F/F:

Twice in a Lifetime – Clare Lydon Amazon Link (I loved the writing and was instantly invested in these two women. Funny, sweet, romantic, and sexy, this was everything I was looking for.)

Mind Games – Cara Malone Amazon Link (This book hooks you right from the start, and just when you think you have it figured out there is a twist that I definitely didn't see coming. I loved this world Cara created and these characters felt realistic. Definitely looking forward to the next book in this series!)

Not Romance:

So You Want to Talk About Race - Ijeoma Oluo Amazon Link (Well written and heartbreaking in its accuracy, this is a must-read for everyone. This book has stuck with me long since finishing and I don't think I'll ever forget it.)


I’m sure I’ve missed some but these ones just stand out for me. I hope you’ve all found great reads and new worlds to lose yourself in. I hope to have some writing news for you in the coming months. But for now I’ll just keep writing and see what flows.

Stay safe and be in touch soon!

Jessica x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook Page

Audiobook Club